Ben Allen joined Farrar & Bates in 2023. He practices in the areas of governmental tort liability defense, municipal liability defense, civil rights defense, police liability defense, land use and zoning law, real estate errors and omissions defense, employment law and discrimination, and trial and appellate practice.
Before joining Farrar & Bates, Ben worked as a staff attorney from 2017 to 2022 for the Sumner County Government, where he handled civil matters for the county and provided legal counsel to the Sumner County Commissioners, elected county officials, county departments, the regional planning commission and various other boards. He also served as Sumner County’s interim county attorney.
Ben obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2017 from the Belmont University College of Law. During law school, he received multiple recognitions and was a member of the Board of Advocates Arbitration team. He graduated magna cum laudefrom the University of Tennessee at Martin in 2014, where he earned a bachelor of science in political science, with a focus on public administration.
Ben is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Sumner County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice:
- Governmental Tort Liability Defense
- Municipal Liability Defense
- Police Liability Defense
- Civil Rights Defense
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Errors and Omissions Defense
- Employment Law and Discrimination
- Trial and Appellate Practice
- Bachelor of Science degree, University of Tennessee at Martin, 2014
- Juris Doctor degree, Belmont University College of Law, 2017
Licensures and Admissions:
- State of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit